A creamy, delicious, filling, and easy-to-make creamy vegan avocado pasta. Fresh basil, avocado, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and fresh cherry tomatoes.
Author: Plant & Vine
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Category: Mains, Vegan, Side, Vegetarian, Pasta
Cuisine: American, Vegan, Healthy
- 340 g / 12 oz spaghetti
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2-3 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1.5 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta according to the package. When al dente, drain and set aside.
- To make the avocado sauce, combine avocados, basil, garlic, oil, and lemon juice in food processor. Blend on high until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta, avocado sauce, and cherry tomatoes until evenly coated.
- To serve, top with additional cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, or lemon zest.
- Best when fresh. Avocado will oxidize over time so store leftovers in a covered container in refrigerator up to 1 day.